The Full and Complete Guide to 40 West Art's Circus Street Party
40 West Arts is hosting a Circus Street Party on June 7th from 6pm-9pm. So here’s everything you need to know!
1. See dancers high in the sky above the ArtLine!
See the incredible work of Rainbow Militia as they fly high above the green line with awesome aerial acts!
2. Walk an animal sculpture garden
Artist Greg Wasil is bringing his hand-made menagerie for an outdoor sculpture garden of circus animals! Including Ellie the Elephant!
3. Enjoy circus-style foods including peanuts, popcorn, snow cones and more!
Severe Weather Shelter Network and The Lakewood Elks Lodge are gearing up to sell Popcorn and Peanuts to the crowd in harmony with the Circus theme.
4. Watch dancers in light-up costumes perform throughout the district
Alongside the aerial acts, Rainbow Militia will be bringing dancers to parade through the streets in beautiful light up costumes!
5. See is to believe it - Magic Acts and Jugglers will preform along the ArtLine!
It’s a circus after all! As you tour our galleries be sure to stop along the green line where magicians and jugglers will be showcasing their talents with these amazing street performances!
6. Walk through a portable, 26-foot-long art gallery inside a truck by Sarah Fox
You heard that right! Explore one new additional gallery-on-wheels inside this giant 26-foot-long semi. You never know what you’ll find inside!
7. PLUS a plethora of activities and exhibits at creative venues throughout the district
Visit our galleries to see live musical performances and spring-themed DIY art making stations, as well as pick up free drinks and light bites! You’ll find a map of all that below.
Stop by for a drink (on us!), some light bites, and one of 40 West Art’s biggest celebrations of creativity happening this year. We can’t wait to see you!
Parking is available on streets throughout the district or at Lamar Station Plaza. Visitors may park in the spaces marked as ‘private’ at the 1560 Teller st. building complex.
Please, do not park at or block spaces at the CrossFit Lakewood Gym at 7175 W. 16th Ave.
Kick off your evening at 40 West Art’s Gallery at 1560 Teller St. to pick up a map and work your way around! All locations open 6pm-9pm or later. We’ll see you there!